It seems our group has expanded recently as we're just wanting to let everyone know a little more specifically our standards for submission just to help you along getting your gorgeous submissions to us! To do that there is two sections, one more simple and one more detailed (because I'm sure we have both kinds of ponies in here!).
-Simple-What we accept
- Scenery, Landscapes, Settings from MLP:FiM
- The Above Containing Some Pony Elements
- The Above Produced By Traditional and/or Digital Methods
- All submissions must be done to a high quality standard. That means it doesn't just looks good but looks great! For Scenes With Ponies:
- The scenery elements (backgrounds, houses, settings) need to be at least 50% of your piece.
- Scenery must be done to same (or better) quality as any ponies you have in there.
- The scenery must have a specific focal point of your piece as much as any ponies.
-Detailed-What we accept
- Scenery, Landscapes, Backgrounds, Buildings, Cloudscapes, Planets, Trees, Forests, Crystals, etc. from either MLP:FiM official, referenced, or original fan art
- All of the above with some element of ponies, MLP:FiM creatures, and such done to a high quality level.
- All of the above produced with any combination of digital art (vectors, digital illustrations, etc.), traditional (painting, drawing, sketching, pastels, watercolors, etc.), or combinations of the two.
- All submissions need to have a high degree of quality into how the artwork was done, put on deviantArt, and otherwise presented. (If you made a pony masterpiece and took a bad picture, scan, or render of it, sorry but it's not being accepted.) For Scenes With Ponies, Griffons, Donkeys, etc.:
- While 50% is a general guideline, we really want any piece with characters to have the background art being a focal point as well as any ponies. Characters tend to immediately draw the eye so your work needs to have a component that draws the eye to the scenery elements as well. This can be achieved by increasing the quality of the background compared to the pony, making it take up more room, making the colors pop, or just adding in more elements.
- The scenery MUST have at least the quality level of the ponies contained within, we recommend slightly better than ponies. Now "quality" is to some degree personal opinion. Our general guideline for quality is that it should match what you're doing. If you're doing a vector trace of an MLP:FiM background with a screenshot it needs to be very exactly traced, such is vectors. If you're doing more of an original watercolor piece, more artistic freedom is allowed, especially considering the medium.
- Of course, needs to be MLP:FiM-based. If we can't tell that, it probably won't be accepted.
Well thanks for viewing this lovely guideline journal. Happy pony art everypony! gwennie-chan (Co-Founder) Note: While you or anybody else may feel they have met these standards, they are only judged by we Admins alone and mainly our Founder YoMilbert. Denied submissions are almost always given a reason why detailing why they weren't included. If you have any questions about the guidelines or standards please ask us!